1. The Salem Red Sox try to complete a three-game sweep of Potomac to win the Carolina League crown at 7:05 tonight. For Sean Coyle, Game 3 could be a magical culmination of two eventful years with the team.
2. “The Redskins were like, ‘Next time we play you guys, you need to slow it down a bit.’” — Eagles center Jason Kelce, after Philly bolted to a 26-point lead under new coach Chip Kelly and beat Washington 33-27 last night.
3. Ryan Newman’s in the Chase, Martin Truex Jr.’s out, as NASCAR penalizes Michael Waltrip Racing for manipulating the outcome of the Richmond race.
4. Where were you in 1992? For the first time since that year, the Pittsburgh Pirates have clinched a winning season.
5. Looky there: Compromise prevails. The Stadium Woods will stay AND Virginia Tech will get its new football practice facility.