1. What would you do if your boss told you to do something that you knew wasn’t right? Kasey Kahne, who visited downtown Roanoke yesterday, figures he might have done exactly what Clint Bowyer and Brian Vickers did at Richmond — at least before NASCAR handed down unprecedented penalties on Monday.
2. Kudos to J.D. from Daytime Blue Ridge and Miss Sprint Cup for doing a good job killing 45 minutes while waiting for Kahne to arrive at Market Square. That’s not an easy job, but they pulled it off a lot better than I could have.
3. You knew Andy was going to profile Kalvin Cline at some point. How could he not? But Cline has earned recognition beyond his name with a good performance against Western Carolina. Same with receiver Willie Byrn, who prefers the nickname “Paper Man” over the “Paper Boy” moniker Scot Loeffler has given him for always delivering.
4. TCU vs. Texas Tech (7:30 p.m., ESPN) is your highlight game tonight. Horned Frogs favored by 3.
5. Don’t forget to make your Fearless Forecasters picks. Props to Nathan Overstreet of Northwest Hardware, who went 19-1 again last week and is 38-2 overall. Impressive. We’ve got a three-way tie for the top spot in the Blog Crowd subgroup among timmyj55, jwood and Other John.