1. The Hokies have opened as a 13-point road favorite over UVa for Saturday’s game, which will kick at 3:30 and be broadcast on ESPNU. One good thing about that start time is that we’ll know whether Tech is still alive in the Coastal race. Duke-UNC kicks at noon, and Tech needs a Blue Devils loss and a victory over the Cavs to clinch a berth in the ACC title game.
2. Andy has some good analysis here comparing last year’s Tech offense with this year’s. The overall numbers are very similar, but he breaks it down further to show some subtle differences in various areas.
3. UVa backup quarterback Greyson Lambert will get some playing time against Tech, coach Mike London says. Lambert was 13 of 19 for 134 yards in a mop-up role against Miami.
4. Tech’s women’s soccer team beats Santa Clara on penalty kicks to advance to the NCAA Elite Eight for the first time in school history. The Hokies will host Duke at 4 p.m. Friday. UVa’s men and women both won in the NCAA tournament, too.
5. Not to go all distaff all the time on you, but Tech’s women’s basketball team is off to a 5-0 start. Tech’s men went “0-for-Brooklyn,” as Berman wrote.
6. Magna Vista-Northside highlights the VHSL quarterfinal pairings for Friday and Saturday.