That matches the number of draftees Virginia Tech had last year, when Ryan Williams, Rashad Carmichael and Tyrod Taylor were picked.
Since 2000, the Hokies have had fewer than three picks only twice — 2009, when Victor “Macho” Harris was the only player selected, and 2003 when Lee Suggs and Willie Pile were the only players taken.
* Here’s what I wrote the last few days about this year’s drafted playars:
- New York Giants make David Wilson a 1st round pick
- What they’re saying about the Giants’ pick of David Wilson, plus some more draft nuggets
- Deja vu: Giants tap Virginia Tech again, take CB Jayron Hosley in 3rd round of NFL Draft
- Dallas Cowboys pick WR Danny Coale in 5th round of draft (and a slightly different version in today’s paper)
* What about the undrafted guys? Here’s what’s out there:
- Guard Jaymes Brooks tweeted that he signed with the Green Bay Packers shortly after the draft.
- Tackle Blake DeChristopher told Virginia Tech that he is close to signing a deal with the Arizona Cardinals.
- Safety Eddie Whitley tweeted that he signed with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Overnight update: WR Jarrett Boykin to Jacksonville and CB Cris Hill to Buffalo, per Virginia Tech’s Twitter.
- Dallas Cowboys: Coale
- New York Giants: Wilson, Hosley
- Philadelphia Eagles: QB Michael Vick, DE Darryl Tapp
- Washington Redskins: CB DeAngelo Hall, C/G Will Montgomery, WR Josh Morgan
I posed this question on Twitter yesterday, but I’ll do it here too. I figure many Virginia Tech fans are also Redskins fans just based on geography. How do you feel about Wilson, Hoseley and Coale going to rival teams within the division? Can you still root for them? Feel free to comment in the section below.