Houston Texans offensive tackle Duane Brown, an All-Pro selection this season, will play in the game tonight in Honolulu, Hawaii. He’ll start along with Joe Thomas of the Cleveland Browns at tackle for the AFC.
Brown, who played at Virginia Tech from 2004-07 and transitioned from tight end to tackle, recently finished his fifth year in the league. He allowed only 2½ sacks and went the entire season without a holding penalty.
Seattle safety Kam Chancellor made the game as an injury replacement last year. Michael Vick made it for Philadelphia and DeAngelo Hall for Washington in 2010.
If you’re interested in watching — and clearly have nothing better to do tonight — the game starts at 7 p.m. and will be televised by NBC.
Here’s a list of Virginia Tech alums who have made the Pro Bowl:
- Buzz Nutter, C, Pittsburgh, 1963
- Don Oakes, T, Boston, 1968
- Carroll Dale, WR, Green Bay, 1969-71
- Mike Johnson, LB, Cleveland, 1991
- Bruce Smith, DE, Buffalo, 1988-91, ’93-99
- Antonio Freeman, WR, Green Bay, 1999
- Shayne Graham, PK, Cincinnati, 2005
- DeAngelo Hall, CB, Atlanta, 2005-06, Washington ’10
- Michael Vick, QB, Atlanta 2002, ’04-05, Philadelphia ’10
- Kam Chancellor, S, Seattle, 2012
- Duane Brown, T, Houston, 2013