Virginia Tech started its practice today with a very energetic
“Bull in the Ring” one-on-one matchup drill. I got some camera phone footage of it, although I had to stay a safe distance away and hold it high above my head to even see, so it’s not great.
Still, it gives you a sense of how much the players get into this drill.
The offense won today’s drill 4-1. This was the order, in case you were wondering:
- RG Brent Benedict beats DT Kris Harley
- LT Jonathan McLaughlin beats DE DeWayne Alford
- RB Trey Edmunds beats LB Deon Clarke
- WR Joel Caleb beat ROV Desmond Frye
- DE Seth Dooley beats TE Ryan Malleck
WARNING: This is, shall we say, a spirited portion of practice. While I went through to see if any language was overtly objectionable and easily heard (most of it is jumbled together), I can’t guarantee that you won’t hear anything. So if you’re easily offended by practice field language, I encourage you to watch on mute.