There might be more later today, but Virginia Tech got a 2014 commitment before the spring game from defensive back C.J. Reavis from Thomas Dale High in Chester, according to VTScoop.com and HokiesHaven.com.
Reavis is ranked as a four-star player by both 247Sports and Rivals. He is the 20th athlete nationally and 250th-ranked overall player by Rivals, which lists him as a safety.
Reavis had a long list of offers, including North Carolina, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Virginia, but had Tech and Tennessee at the top.
The 6-foot, 199-pound athlete goes to Thomas Dale, the same school as current Tech safety Desmond Frye and 2013 running back signee D.J. Reid.
He’s the sixth Hokies commitment for 2014. Commitments are non-binding until Signing Day next February. Here’s an updated commitment list, one that might get some more additions later today:
- TE Xavier Burke, 6-3, 247, Lawrenceville (Brunswick)
- DB Javon Harrison, 6-2, 190, Lakeland, Fla. (Kathleen)
- DB Kalen McCain, 6-1, 175, Durham, N.C. (Hillside)
- DB C.J. Reavis, 6-0, 199, Chester (Thomas Dale)
- DE Vincent Mihota, 6-4, 240, Fredericksburg (Massaponax)
- RB Marshawn Williams, 5-11, 200, Hampton (Hampton)