As a sportswriter, I’m bound by the industry standard to pose five questions as the Hokies begin practice. I did so in today’s newspaper. Click here to check it out.
Spoiler alert: the five questions were:
- 1. Who will be the primary ballcarrier?
- 2. What will the starting offensive line look like?
- 3. Will Logan Thomas look better?
- 4. Will Antone Exum be ready for the opener?
- 5. Can the defense get back to the level Bud Foster is accustomed to?
You can probably add a few more questions to that. That last one is pretty broad, too, so I’d break it down to some smaller questions. I’d suggest adding these:
- 1. Who will emerge at wide receiver?
- 2. Are cornerbacks Kendall Fuller and Brandon Facyson ready for big roles?
- 3. Can the Hokies find serviceable backup defensive tackles?
- 4. Will Ronny Vandyke be a play-maker at whip linebacker?
- 5. Will the d-line be a dominant group from the get-go this year?
There aren’t any interviews with coaches or players today. That all starts tomorrow. I’m not sure if there will be a roster update by Tech until then. If there is, I’ll post something on the blog about it.
In the meantime, I’ll ask for your input. What do you think are the biggest questions for the Hokies this August? Feel free to put your thoughts in the comments section and be sure to vote in the polls below. I’ll break it into offense and defense: