It’s a lovely day for football, sunny and not too hot. A perfect day to sit in a press box and watch a lopsided affair. How lopsided should it be? Well, my game advance today really had nothing to do with the game.
Here are some links to get your game day started:
– From today: The end of sellout streak looms for Virginia Tech. It’s probably over at 93 games today. Western Carolina returned 3,700 tickets and the Hokies still have 2,000 unsold season tickets.
– Today’s biggest news might be the unveiling of the new video board. The board’s specs are at the bottom left of the at sellout streak link.
– The game is not being televised, but it is available to watch in most places on ESPN3.com. This page should have a link when kickoff gets closer.
– From yesterday: Virginia Tech or Western Carolina: Who has the edge? My pick? Virginia Tech 52, Western Carolina 7. I don’t think this will be a close one. Feel free to leave your prediction in the comments section.
– From yesterday: A story about Virginia Tech’s sports nutritionist and the work she and her staff do to get the Hokies fueled up for practice.
– From Thursday: RB J.C. Coleman and WR Charley Meyer are probable for the game.
– From Thursday: Read a replay of my live Virginia Tech chat.
– Not a lot of places put a betting line on games against FCS teams, but Virginia Tech is listed as a 41-42-point favorite here.
– It’s supposed to be 75 and sunny at kickoff. Perfect football weather.
– Not sure of the Hokies’ full uniform ensemble, but a picture tweeted out by the team’s football account suggests Tech will have maroon helmets for the second straight week.