– In my game advance, I write that East Carolina’s pass-happy spread offense is going to be a litmus test for Bud Foster‘s defense.
– Columnist Aaron McFarling thinks that Week 3 doesn’t the respect it deserves for setting the tone for the season. He has examples.
– I broke down the matchups in a blog post yesterday. My prediction: Virginia Tech 24, East Carolina 16.
– The Thursday injury report said RB J.C. Coleman and WR Charley Meyer are out and RG Andrew Miller and DL Tyrel Wilson are probable.
– Should be a gorgeous football day here in Greenville. Temps in the mid-70′s. Nobody can complain that it will be too hot.
– The line opened at Virginia Tech by 7 and now is up to anywhere from 7.5 to 8.5 at some places.
UPDATE: Some shakeup on the Hokies’ offensive line. Brent Benedict will start in place of Laurence Gibson at right tackle. He worked in some last week against Western Carolina before shifting to right guard when Miller went out with an ankle sprain.
Brent Benedict will get the start for the #Hokies today at RT vs ECU. Laurence Gibson will back him up.— VT Football (@VT_Football) September 14, 2013