– In case you forgot, these are the unis Tech will wear today for Military Appreciation Day. The flyover was canceled because of the weather.
– In my game advance, I write that Virginia Tech offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler and Marshall defensive coordinator Chuck Heater have a friendly rivalry that will be on display today. They’ll be part of the contrast of styles — Marshall’s hurry up vs. Virginia Tech’s ball control.
– I broke down the matchups in a blog post yesterday. My prediction: Virginia Tech 24, Marshall 20. Feel free to leave yours in the comments section.
– The Thursday injury report said RB J.C. Coleman will be out again with an ankle injury. Probably not the worst idea with ACC play starting next Thursday at Georgia Tech.
– You might be one of two people on the planet who hasn’t seen the preliminary design for this “Hokie Stone” helmet Tech is thinking about using at some point.
– The weather forecast looks a little better this morning than it did last night. A 5 percent chance of rain at kickoff increases to 100 percent by 2 p.m. (They’re really giving no wiggle room there, are they?) So it should be soggy by the end of the game. Temps in the mid-60′s.
-- Some interesting fluctuation on the line for this one. It opened at 11, then came down to 8 at most places when I checked yesterday to put in the paper. This morning I see that it’s back up to 9.5 to 10 everywhere.