From my Inbox to you:
State Arts Commission Announces March 1st Deadline for General Operating Support and Project Grants
The Virginia Commission for the Arts announces a 5:00 p.m., March 1, 2012 application deadline for the Commission’s 2012-2013 General Operating Support for Arts Organizations and Project Grants. All applications and required attachments must be received by the Commission by the 5:00 p.m. March 1st deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications can be downloaded at www.arts.virginia.gov.
General Operating Support provides financial assistance to arts organizations for on-going artistic and administrative expenses. Applicants may be awarded funding for the one-year period July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013. Eligible applicants include Virginia organizations whose primary purpose is the arts and which have been incorporated in Virginia for at least a year.
Project Grants support projects designed to increase high quality arts for all Virginians; to increase opportunities for artists to create and present their work; or to expand arts education opportunities for young people. Virginia not-for-profit organizations, units of government, or educational institutions that meet the Commission’s basic eligibility requirements are eligible to apply for matching support.
Eligible activities include:
• Commissions of new works of art
• Operating support for new and emerging arts organizations (organizations whose primary purpose is the arts, that are three years old or less, and that had a previous year’s income of less than $50,000)
• New or expanded arts education programs, such as artist residencies, workshops, classes, or summer arts camps
• New or expanded performances or exhibitions
• Services to artists and arts organizations, such as research studies, shared administrative and/or technical services, professional development workshops, and shared promotional materials
The Virginia Commission for the Arts supports the arts through funding from the Virginia General Assembly and the National Endowment for the Arts. The Commission distributes grant awards to artists, arts and other not-for-profit organizations, educational institutions, educators and local governments and provides technical assistance in arts management.
For additional eligibility information and other Commission requirements contact the Virginia Commission for the Arts, 223 Governor Street, Richmond, VA 23219, (804) 225-3132, or visit our website: www.arts.virginia.gov