A committee of interested parties at Lord Botetourt plans to raise at least $124,000 to put up an enclosed batting cage and pitching metal building on the west side of the campus behind the baseball field. It took some convincing for the school board to approve the measure on Thursday October 9. With the addition of a central office administrator to the building committee and assurances that at least $75,000 of the needed money is in the bank prior to a shovel of dirt being turned, the building was approved.
Economy woes and the size of the building were apparent concerns when the school board questioned LBHS assistant principal Tim Bane and committee members about the project. The building will not need water and heat because the concession stand has water and bathroom facilities, but the school board will get the responsibility of another electric bill and upkeep upon completion. The metal building is 4,400 square feet and will hold batting cages and pitching runs.
OTHER RECENT LORD BOTETOURT COVERAGE
* Oct. 10: Botetourt Buddies take their first field trip
* Oct. 9: Lord Botetourt students place in state fair
* Oct. 8: Q&A with Lord Botetourt trumpet player Rob Hale
* Oct. 8: Flat Stanley goes to Lord Botetourt
* Oct. 7: Lord Botetourt student places first in tractor competition
* Oct. 4: Photos from the Lord Botetourt – Pulaski game
* Oct. 3: Vanessa Romas starts Botetourt Buddies, seeks scholarship
* Oct. 3: Devon Robertson seeks scholarship before he goes blind
* Oct. 2: Photo of Lord Botetourt runner at Metro cross country meet
* Sept. 29: Photos from Lord Botetourt homecoming dance
* Sept. 27: Photos from the Lord Botetourt homecoming game
* Photos of Lord Botetourt’s fall sports teams.