It’s conveniently timed because the Marching Cavaliers head off to a band competition this weekend.
Here’s the interview:
Age – 17
Favorite Color – Green
Favorite Food – Chick Fila
Q. Which band competition do you think is going to have the toughest competition this year?
A. Basset by far. Everytime we have traveled to Basset we haven’t performed our best, so it is become sort of a band superstition that we’ll do bad as well this year.
Q. Which instrument do you play?
A. The trumpet
Q. What do you do outside of school for fun?
A. Outside of school I enjoy playing paintball, mountain biking. swimming, and just hanging out with all of my buddies.
Q. What is going to be the toughest part of leaving high school?
A. I guess I will miss hanging out with all of my friends the most.
Q. What are your plans for after high school?
A. I would love to enroll in an engineering program in college and major in some form of aerospace engineering.
And Mary Katherine adds: “The Marching Cavaliers are working extra hard this year. Come on out on Friday nights and watch their talented performances! Also come check them out this Saturday at Basset High School.”
OTHER RECENT LORD BOTETOURT COVERAGE
* Oct. 7: Flat Stanley goes to Lord Botetourt
* Oct. 7: Lord Botetourt student places first in tractor competition
* Oct. 4: Photos from the Lord Botetourt – Pulaski game
* Oct. 3: Vanessa Romas starts Botetourt Buddies, seeks scholarship
* Oct. 3: Devon Robertson seeks scholarship before he goes blind
* Oct. 2: Photo of Lord Botetourt runner at Metro cross country meet
* Sept. 29: Photos from Lord Botetourt homecoming dance
* Sept. 27: Photos from the Lord Botetourt homecoming game
* Photos of Lord Botetourt’s fall sports teams.