James River had a wet and rainy homecoming last week, but only the field (and the people) were dampened, not the spirits. And, just as we did for Lord Botetourt’s homecoming, we have a lot more online, so let’s get to it, shall we?
We have . . . .
* Paparazzi photos from the homecoming dance. That’s Brooke Ware, Courtney Woodson, Taylor Statome and Dakota Kennedy at left, by the way.
* Photos from the homecoming game (including both action on the field and the halftime ceremonies.)
But let’s not stop there. Do you have homecoming photos of your own? You can share at email@example.com
Those aren’t the only online extras this week. In each week’s issue of The Botetourt View, we always send readers here for “more.” Here are the links to what we have this week. (And keep in mind, we update this site sometimes a dozen times a day, so, really, we have a lot more!)
* More photos of Botetourt people at the Sarah Palin rally. (By the way, if you still have photos of Botetourt people there, we’ll still take ‘em. And we never got any of Botetourt people at the Barack Obama rally in Botetourt, but we’re still open for those, too.)
* Botetourt’s voting history
* Cathy Benson’s Terrific Tuesday column (she was also at the Palin rally)
* Photos from the Cloverdale Elementary mock election (We also have James River’s mock election, too)
* Photos from Red Ribbon Week at Read Mountain Middle School
* Photos from math mania at Colonial Elementary
* More photos from homeschoolers in Botetourt
* Dog stolen on Reservoir Road
* Photos of Botetourt people at Salem’s Pumpkinfest
* Photos of Botetourt people at Howl-O-Ween
* Troutville woman named homecoming queen at Emory & Henry
* More photos of Girl Scouts and their Quilt It badges
* Photos from our autumn snapshot contest
AND IN SPORTS . . .
* Photo of Mindy Reynolds and the James River cross-country team
* Photos of the Botetourt Crusaders vs. Cave Spring Knights
* Photos of the Buchanan Cyclones vs. Cloverdale Static
* Photos of Botetourt United vs. the Salem Sabres
* Photos of runners-up in the adult fall softball league
So how can you get your news and photos in The Botetourt View? Easy! Just share at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information — including how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County — see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Botetourt, Cathy Benson. She keeps regular offices hours at our Botetourt “bureau” — at Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea in Daleville. Here’s her schedule.
* So how do we reach 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion, the Botetourt Athletic Club and the Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea in Daleville, in case you we somehow miss you.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt? To find out more, you can email us at email@example.com. If you want to place a classified ad in our Botetourt edition, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.