It’s Weird Science Night at Troutville Elementary School, and Jane Wolfe has sent us an entire photo gallery from the event.
You’ll find one on the cover of this week’s print edition of The Botetourt View and some more inside, but then, if you’re into the goop, you can find the entire photo gallery right here online. By the way, that’s Max Burke and Jack Cole getting their hands dirty with science.
Each week, we find ourselves with more photos than we can ever hope to fit into print, so here they are online. (Plus, we update this site sometimes a dozen times a day, so think of this as your daily digital newspaper for Botetourt.)
So what other online extras do we have this week? Well, lots, and here’s a handy guide on how to find them, but first . . .
SPECIAL ADVERTISING NOTICE . . .
In this week’s edition of The Botetourt View, you’ll see a special promotion in the classifieds on page 21: Share a special message with your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day by placing a Love Line in our Feb. 13 print edition of The Botetourt View. Only 99 cents a line! For details, well, see the ad or call 981-3311 by noon on Tuesday, Feb. 10. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled news briefing . . .
And now, the online extras:
* Promotions announced at Bank of Botetourt
* Photos from Read Mountain Middle School Spelling Bee
* Photos of Troutville Elementary’s 5th grade spelling bee winners
* Photos of the Botetourt Buddies
* Photos from the presentation that robotics students at Lord Botetourt made
* Another photo of Scott Garnett, on the road in Europe
AND IN SPORTS . . .
* Photos from Lord Botetourt senior night wrestling
* Photos from James River wrestling tournament
* More photos of James River wrestlers at Glenvar tournament
* More photos from the James River – Parry McCluer boys basketball game
* Does Lord Botetourt have the best Group AA girls basketball team in the region? Vote in this poll.
So how can you get your news and photos in The Botetourt View? Easy! Just share at email@example.com. (And a special request this week — send us your holiday photos!)
For more information — including how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County – see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Botetourt, Cathy Benson. She keeps regular offices hours at our Botetourt “bureau” — at Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea in Daleville. Here’s her schedule.
* So how do we reach 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion, the Botetourt Athletic Club and the Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea in Daleville, in case you we somehow miss you.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt? To find out more, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to place a classified ad in our Botetourt edition, you can reach us at email@example.com.