And we have lots of ‘em. You’ll find coverage of Civil War Weekend in Buchanan in this week’s print edition of The Botetourt View. But we also have 80 photos from the event and not all those can fit in print — and we sure don’t want them to go to waste. So here they are online.
Those aren’t the only online extras we have this week. With many items in each week’s print edition, we say “see The Notebook on botetourtview.com” for more. Here’s a guide to all those links:
* Man killed in crash on I-81 near Arcadia
* Three pigs die in fire near Daleville
* More photos from the train derailment near Eagle Rock
* Full schedule for Autism Awareness Event
* Citizen Convenience Center now open for waste management
* More on hazardous waste collection
* More on Justin Barnard, featured in USA Today story
* Photo of full cast of “Singin’ in the Rain” at Lord Botetourt
* Senior van service sponsored by Botetourt County
* More photos from the Blue Ridge Kite Festival
AND IN SPORTS . . .
* More photos from opening weekend and spring carnival at Botetourt Sports Complex
* Lord Botetourt girls’ basketball team wins sportsmanship award
* More photos from James River softball
* More photos from Lord Botetourt baseball
* More on Marlins swimmers from Botetourt
* Hit, Pitch and Run winners listed
So how can you get your news and photos in The Botetourt View? Easy! Just share at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information — including how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County – see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Botetourt, Cathy Benson. She keeps regular offices hours at our Botetourt “bureau” — at Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea in Daleville. Here’s her schedule.
* Want to keep up with us in other ways? Join our fan page on Facebook or become of our “followers” on Twitter. Just search for “botetourtview” and you’ll find us.
* So how do we reach 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion, the Botetourt Athletic Club and the Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea in Daleville, in case you we somehow miss you.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt? To find out more, you can email us at email@example.com. If you want to place a classified ad in our Botetourt edition, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.