We have another bear sighting in Botetourt!
Kim Saunders sends the following account:
On the fourth of July, Sarah Saunders went outside of our house because our Cocker Spaniel was barking a lot. It seemed the dog was barking at the rabbit cage. To her surprise, she realized a bear was just 15 feet past the cage, sitting on its haunches. Sarah scooped the pup up and ran back inside the house shouting ‘bear!’ We ran outside but the bear was gone, though you could still smell it! We live next to Botetourt Country Club.
She’s not alone. Here are some other bear sightings we’ve had lately:
OTHER BEAR SIGHTINGS IN BOTETOURT:
* July 27: Karen Wright of Buchanan encounters bear in her driveway
* July 27: Bear breaks into Helen Beaver’s home near Buchanan
* July 16: Gail K. Stephens sights bear in Arcadia
* July 2: David and Hazel Bowers share photos of a mother bear and two cubs three miles north of James River High School
* July 1: Katerina Yancey sees bears galloping across U.S. 220
Have you seen a bear in Botetourt lately? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org