Jake DuVall’s is growing quite well, thank you. The rising fifth grader at Greenfield Elementary has quite a thriving produce business on his hands. He not only grows vegetables, he also delivers — such as to regular customer Theo Evans.
We deliver, too. Each week, we deliver The Botetourt View to more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt — and we deliver a whole lot more right here online.
Want more photos from Jake’s garden? We’ve got an entire gallery you can check out.
Each day, we post upwards of a dozen new items about Botetourt here online. Here are some of the other online extras we have this week:
* Sheriff’s Office releases photos of Blue Ridge break-in suspect
* Bear breaks into home near Buchanan — and other bear sightings
* Camp Bethel still has spots open for campers
* Fincastle Preschool has fall openings
* More photos of the first home at Daleville Town Center
* More photos from “Nunsense,” which opens this weekend at Attic Productions
* More photos from Jazz in July
* More paparazzi photos from First Fridays
* More on the band Five Minutes Later
* More photos from the garden party at The Glebe
* More photos from Cow Appreciation Day
AND IN SPORTS . . .
* Blue Ridge Lax Club holds try-outs this weekend
* Botetourt Bobcats 13u baseball try-outs this weekend
* More photos from sports camp at Limestone Park
* More photos of Botetourt swimmers in the city/count meet
* More photos of the Botetourt American Legion baseball team
* More photos of Limestone Park swimmers at Stonegate meet
* More photos of the Virginia Attack baseball team
So how can you get your news and photos in The Botetourt View? Easy! Just share at email@example.com.
For more information — including how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County – see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Botetourt, Cathy Benson. She keeps regular offices hours at our Botetourt “bureau” — at Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea in Daleville. Here’s her schedule.
* Want to keep up with us in other ways? Join our fan page on Facebook or become of our “followers” on Twitter. Just search for “botetourtview” and you’ll find us.
* So how do we reach 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion, the Botetourt Athletic Club and the Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea in Daleville, in case you we somehow miss you.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt? To find out more, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to place a classified ad in our Botetourt edition, you can reach us at email@example.com.