Virginia State Police confirmed today that missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington sustained a facial injury before she vanished from an Oct. 17 Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville.
State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said investigators didn’t disclose the fact earlier because the injury was consistent with what a person would sustain after falling and doesn’t appear to be related to her disappearance.
Harrington is a graduate of Lord Botetourt High School.
The newsroom of The Roanoke Times has more on this story.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE OF MORGAN DANA HARRINGTON:
* Oct. 28: Police say Harrington last seen on bridge in Charlottesville
* Oct. 26: Metallica adds $50,000 to reward fund
* Oct. 23: Video from vigil for missing Lord Botetourt grad
* Oct. 21: Police set up tips line
* Oct. 20: Police ask Metallica fans to check video and photos for images of missing fan
* Oct. 20: Former teacher describes Harrington as “genuinely nice person”
* Oct. 19: Missing Tech student is Lord Botetourt grad