Another word: homecoming.
Two more words: James River.
Yes, our paparazzi photo crew was at James River’s homecoming last weekend. You’ll find a photo on the cover of this week’s print edition of The Botetourt View — and two pages of photos inside. But we took pictures of everyone who wanted to be photographed and we share them all online in this photo gallery – including this one of Olivia Williamson, Reanna Hamm, Alexis Brown, and Ceira Webb.
Those aren’t the only online extras we have this week. Here’s an easy way to find the others:
* James River grad Debrissa McKinney featured on new jazz CD
* Lord Botetourt students visit Australia in People-to-People program
* More photos from Heritage Days
* More photos of Botetourt Republicans honoring Del. Lacey Putney
* Not one, but two photo galleries from the James River homecoming parade
* More photos from “See You At the Pole” at Botetourt schools
* More photos from the Attic Productions show, “Moon Over Buffalo,” which opens Oct. 8.
* More photos from KidsFest
* More photos from the Greek Festival
* More photos from last year’s Heritage Days at Camp Bethel
AND IN SPORTS . ..
* More photos from the James River homecoming game
* More photos from rec night at Lord Botetourt’s football game
* More photos of the Flyboys vs. the Cobras
* More photos of 18u fall ball
* Photos of Blue Ridge Bears vs. Blue Ridge Superstars
* Photos of James River volleyball
* Photos of James River grad Da’Von Ross playing at Emory & Henry
So how can you get your news and photos in The Botetourt View? Easy! Just share at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information — including how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County – see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Botetourt, Cathy Benson. She keeps regular offices hours at our Botetourt “bureau” — at Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea in Daleville. Here’s her schedule.
* Want to keep up with us in other ways? Join our fan page on Facebook or become of our “followers” on Twitter. Just search for “botetourtview” and you’ll find us.
* So how do we reach 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion, the Botetourt Athletic Club and the Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea in Daleville, in case you we somehow miss you.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt? To find out more, you can email us at email@example.com. If you want to place a classified ad in our Botetourt edition, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.