The Prevention Council and The Kirk Family YMCA will offer the Guiding Good Choices® and Staying Connected with Your Teens Parenting Program in January 2012. The sessions target parents of youth in grades 3 through 12 and include information on:
• healthy beliefs and clear standards in the family
• strengthening parenting skills
• strengthening family communication skills
• dealing with peer pressure by learning specific refusal skills
• challenges of adolescence
• building protective factors
• reducing risk factors
• networking with other parents through the middle and high school years
This program is available for Parents, Faith Based Groups, Civic Organizations, Schools, Neighborhood groups, Businesses as a Lunchtime presentation, and Health/Human Service organizations. Please share this information with colleagues, neighbors and friends.
Cost to parents attending the 4 week program is $40.00 paid by the first session with cash or certified check payable to Prevention Council of Roanoke County. A $10.00 deposit is required one week prior to the first session to secure your space.
Location: Kirk Family YMCA Time: 6:30pm-8:30pm
520 Church Avenue, Roanoke, VA
January 2012: January 11th, 18th, 25th, and February 1st.
Prevention Council of Roanoke County SBMichael@carilionclinic.org or 540-314-5030