The following area residents have enrolled at James Madison University for the fall 2012 semester.
- Carly Cook of Troutville plans on majoring in biology.
- Christopher Willis of Cloverdale plans on majoring in chemistry.
- Katherine Call of Cloverdale plans on majoring in English.
- Marissa Schade of Daleville plans on majoring in communication sciences and disorders.
- Zachary Thacker of Troutville plans on majoring in finance.
- Joshua Humphries of Daleville plans on majoring in political science.
- Emilee Loope of Blue Ridge plans on majoring in political science.
- Lauren Berra of Buchanan
- Eric Childress of Blue Ridge
James Madison University is a comprehensive university that is part of the statewide system of public higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia and is the only university in America named for President James Madison. Established March 14, 1908, the university offers programs on the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels with its primary emphasis on the undergraduate student. JMU provides a total education to students – one that has a broad range of the liberal arts as its foundation and encompasses an extensive variety of professional and pre-professional programs, augmented by a multitude of learning experiences outside the classroom.
– Submitted by James Madison University