Attention clubs, organizations, etc., you are cordially invited to participate in the Fincastle Christmas Parade to be held on Saturday, December 1, 2012. Rain date, Sunday, Dec. 2, 2012. The Town of Fincastle sponsors this 36th-annual parade.
Cash awards will be given to the best entries in traditional and religious float categories. Bands will receive honorarium. Bands will not be judged.
Entry blanks (2012 FINCASTLE CHRISTMAS PARADE Entry form) should be mailed in by Nov. 26, 2012. We hope very much that you or your organization will see fit to be part of the parade.
The parade will form at 1 p.m. at Breckinridge Elementary School in Fincastle and will begin at 2 p.m. sharp! The parade route is as follows: Back Street, Main Street, Academy Street, Roanoke Street, and Main Street ending back at Breckinridge Elementary School.
Please plan to enter and return the entry blank as soon as possible.
The 2012 Fincastle Christmas Parade Committee includes Paige Ware, Wendy Jones, Helen Morris, and R.D. Henderson.
General Rules of Parade:
- Get copy of line up and park
- Line up starts at 1:00 p.m.
- Register upon arriving: Breckinridge Elementary School in Fincastle
- Parade will start promptly at 2:00 p.m.
- All floats must be “homemade.”
- Floats must not be so high as to hit overhead wires.
- Floats must not be so long as to not make the corner turns easily.
- Return to baseball field at the school after the parade.
- Floats will be judged on ORIGINALITY, THEME, BEAUTY, and EFFORT.
- Horses will be allowed if they have diapers or some cleaning up behind them.
- Only the Santa Claus float will be allowed to through candy. You can have someone walking beside and give the candy to children.
Note: There has been a change in the parking at Breckinridge School. Please try to limit as many cars as possible. Only parade entries will be allowed in the parking area. All other vehicles will park in the school’s play area if weather permits.
– Submitted by Paige Ware