There are lots and lots of rec league games going on each weekend in Botetourt (and some weekdays, too.) Goodness knows, we can’t be at all of them. So how do we decide which ones to drop in on with our roving camera?
We use a very scientific method. Sometimes, yes, we go by the team names.
So when we spotted a match-up on the schedule between one girls soccer team named the Storm and another named Category 5 — as in a Category 5 hurricane — well, we just couldn’t resist that one.
You’ll find photos of that game in this week’s print edition of The Botetourt View — and you’ll find the entire photo shoot from the game online in this gallery.
Those are just some of this week’s online extras. But before we get to the rest, well, like we said, we can’t be everywhere. But you can be! So if you have photos of your favorite rec league team, send ‘em on to us. We’d love to help you show them off!
And now, the other online extras of the week:
* Three Lord Botetourt students hurt in wreck in Salem
* Spaghetti dinner to benefit Amanda Petty on Oct. 17
* Paparazzi photos of Botetourt people at Greek Festival
* Parks and rec wins honors from state association
* Virginia Forge, Blue Ridge Vineyards sponsor Dabney S. Lancaster fundraiser
* “Mommy and Me” classes begin Oct. 15.
* More photos from the Heritage Days festival in Fincastle
* More photos of the James River and Lord Botetourt bands
* More from Lin-Z-Jack’s Hot Dog Shack
* More photos of ZZ Top fans
* More paparazzi photos from Olde Salem Days
AND IN SPORTS . . .
* More photos from Knights Crossing cross country
* Photos of Lord Botetourt volleyball
* Photos of Flyboys vs. Cobras soccer
* Photos of Botetourt Wasps football team
* Swimming lessons for children begin Oct. 27
So how can you get your news and photos in The Botetourt View? Easy! Just share at email@example.com.
For more information — including how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Botetourt County – see below: