Time to send a new Top 25 ballot to The Associated Press.
I did not have to lower Indiana from No. 1 because I had Duke at No. 1 on my last 3 ballots.
I did kick out Wichita St. after its loss at Tenn. But I’m sure the Shockers will be back on my ballot later this season.
And that was the only eviction.
Here is the ballot:
1. Duke stays here after an idle week. Next: Wed. vs. Cornell and Thurs. vs. Elon.
2. Syracuse moves up a spot after beating Canisius. Next: Jim Boeheim goes for win No. 900 Monday vs. Detroit and nice game Sat. against Temple in the Garden.
3. Michigan moves up a spot after beating Binghamton and WVU. I’m sure some folks prefer Michigan at No. 2 over Syracuse, but I am keeping SU ahead of Michigan because of the win over San Diego State. Next: Thurs. vs. E. Michigan.
4. Arizona moves up five spots after its last-second home win over Florida. High-quality win deserves the 4 spot. Next: Tues. vs. Oral Roberts and Sat vs. ETSU.
5. Illinois moves up three spots after beating Norfolk St. and E. Kentucky. I am moving the Illini up 3 spots not because of those particular win but because of how good their earlier wins over Gonzaga and Butler keep looking. Next: huge game Saturday at Missouri, one of the two big games of the week.
6. Louisville stays here after winning at Memphis. Next: Wed. vs. FIU and Sat. vs. Western Kentucky in Nashville.
7. Indiana falls five spots from No. 2 on my last 3 ballots after losing in OT to Butler. I am putting Indiana behind Louisville because Louisville’s only loss was to Duke and it has that nice win over Missouri. And the Hoosiers are behind the Illini because the Illini own a win over Butler (and the Zags), the team that just beat the Hoosiers, Next: Wed. vs. Mount St. Mary’s and Friday vs. Fla. Atlantic
8. Florida falls 3 spots after losing at Arizona. Next: Wed. vs. SE Louisiana and Sat. vs Kansas State in Kansas Ctiy.
9, Ohio State falls two spots after beating Savannah St. and UNC Asheville. Not dropping them because of those wins but because I think Arizona and Illinois now deserve to be ahead of them. Next: Tues. vs. Winthrop and huge game Sat. against Kansas, the other big showdown of the week.
10. Cincinnati stays here after beating Marshall. Next: good game Wed. vs. city rival Xavier (OK, teams, no brawl this year, OK?) at a downtown arena and Sat. vs. Wright St.
11. Missouri stays here after an idle week. Next: Mon vs. S.C. State and the big game Sat. vs. Illinois.
12. Kansas stays here after beating Belmont. Next: Tues. vs. Richmond and the big game Sat. at Ohio St.
13. Gonzaga stays here after thumping Kansas St. Next: Wed. vs. Campbell.
14. New Mexico stays here after beating New Mexico St. Next: another game with New Mexico St. on Wed., this time on the road, and Sat. vs. South Dakota. St.
15. Butler cracks my ballot here after beating Indiana in OT. And don’t forget that thumping of UNC earlier in the season. Since losing to Xavier in the second game of the year, the Bulldogs have beaten Marquette, UNC, Northwestern and Indiana, with the lone loss against the Illini. Next: Sat. vs. Evansville.
16. San Diego St. stays here after beating San Diego. Next: Thurs. vs. Point Loma (the 2nd non-DI team on the San Diego State schedule, tsk tsk) and Sat. at San Francisco.
17. Oregon stays here after embarrassing Nebraska. Why oh why has UNLV been ranked in the poll but not Oregon, the team that beat them? Next: Wed. at UTEP and Sat. against Houston Baptist.
18. Creighton stays here after beating Akron and winning at Cal. Next: Wed. vs. Tulsa.
19. Minnesota stays here after beating N. Dakota St. Next: Sat. vs. Lafayette.
20. Oklahoma St. stays here after beating Central Arkansas. Next: Wed. vs. Texas-Arlington and Sat. vs. Tenn. Tech.
21. Georgetown stays here ater beating Longwood and Western Carolina. Next: Sat. vs. American.
22. NC State stays here after beating Norfolk St. Next: Tues. vs. Stanford and Sat. vs. St. Bonaventure.
23. Wyoming stays here after an idle week. Next: Tues. vs. Denver and Fri. vs. UC Santa Barbara.
24. Miami stays here after handing Charlotte its first loss. Next: Tuesday at Central Florida and Sat. at Hawaii.
25. Mich. State stays here after beating Tuskegee. Next: Tues. at Bowling Green and Sat. vs. Texas.
And that’s it. With so few losses, no room for UNLV, VCU or Notre Dame.