Time to send another Top 25 ballot to The Associated Press.
I kicked out Wichita State after its 0-2 week.
I evicted San Diego State after its loss to Air Force.
I booted N.C. State after its 0-2 week, although once Lorenzo Brown is healthy I am sure State will return to its winning ways.
I booted Ole Miss after its 0-2 week.
I did not have to kick out Missouri after its loss to LSU because I did that last week.
Here is my ballot.
1. Indiana moved up 2 spots after winning at Purdue and beating my previous No. 1, Michigan. Next: at Illinois on Thursday and big game Sunday at Ohio State. Will the Hoosiers still be No.1 on my ballot next week?
2. Michigan falls one spot after beating Northwestern and losing at Indiana. Next: big game Tuesday against Ohio St. and big visit Saturday at Wisconsin.
3. Florida moves up a spot after beating South Carolina and Ole Miss. Next: Tues. at Arkansas and Sat. vs. Miss. St.
4. Gonzaga moves up a spot after beating Loyola Marymount and San Diego. Next: Thurs. vs. Pepperdine and Sat. rematch with Loyola Marymount.
5. Miami moves up three spots after winning at Va. Tech and at N.C. State. Next: Tues vs. BC and Sat. vs. UNC.
6. Duke moves up three spots after winning at Wake and at FSU. Next: big game Thurs. vs. NC State and a Sun. visit to BC.
7. Arizona moves up 4 spots after winning at Washington and at Wash. State. Next: Wed. vs. Stanfod and Sun. vs. Cal.
8. Michigan St. moves up 4 spots after beating Illinois. Next: big game Wed. vs. Minnesota and Sat. visit to Purdue.
9. Kansas falls seven spots after winning at WVU and losing at home to Oklahoma State. Next: Wed at TCU and Sat. at Oklahoma.
10. Syracuse falls three spots after losing at Pitt. Next: good game Monday vs. Notre Dame and Sun vs St. John’s.
11. Louisville moves up two spots after beating Pitt and Marquette. Next: Wed at Rutgers and good game Sat. at Notre Dame.
12. Ohio State moves up two spots after beating Wisconsin and Nebraska. Next: big game Tues. at Michigan and another huge one Sunday vs. Indiana. Tough week for the Buckeyes.
13. Kansas St. moves up three spots after beating Texas and winning at Oklahoma. Next: Tues at Texas Tech and Sat vs Iowa State
14. Butler falls four spots after losing at St Louis and beating Rhode Island. Next: Wed vs. St. Bonaventure and Sat. at GW.
15. Creighton moves up four spots after beating Missouri State and Bradley. Next: big game Wed. at Indiana State and a Sat. game vs. Ill. State.
16. New Mexico moves up four spots after winning at Wyoming and beating Nevada. Next: good game Wed vs. Air Force and another good one Sat. at UNLV.
17. Cincinnati moves up four spots after beating Rutgers and winning at Seton Hall. Next: Wed at Providence and big game Sat. vs. Pitt.
18. Oregon falls 12 spots after losing at Stanford and at Cal. Next: Thurs. vs. Colorado and Sat. vs. Utah.
19. Georgetown moves up six spots after beating Seton Hall and St. John’s. Georgetown didn’t make the AP Top 25 last week, even though it was on my ballot, but I have a feeling more voters will agree with me this week. Next: Sat. at Rutgers.
20. Colorado State returns to my ballot here after beating Boise St. and Wyoming. CSU, tied for second in the Mountain West, deserves to be ranked. The Rams have won five of their last six, including wins over Air Force, UNLV, Boise and Wyoming. The only loss in that span was at New Mexico by five points. Their only other league loss was in OT at San Diego State. Next: Wed. at Nevada.
21. Oklahoma State returns to my ballot here after beating Iowa State and winning at Kansas. Heck of a road win. Next: Wed. vs. Baylor and Sat. at Texas.
22. Marquette stays here after beating South Florida and losing at Louisville. Next: Wed. rematch at South Florida and a Sat. game wtih DePaul.
23. Pitt cracks my ballot here after losing at Louisville and beating Syracuse. Putting Pitt behind Marquette, which won at Pitt in OT in Janurary. Next: Monday vs. Seton Hall and big game Sat. at Cincinnati.
24. Wisconsin falls a spot after losing at Ohio State and winning at Illinois. Next: Wed against Iowa and big game Sat. vs. Michigan.
25. For this last spot, I looked at Memphis, Southern Miss, VCU, Notre Dame and Middle Tennessee. I looked very hard at keeping Wichita State on my ballot, and I looked very hard at Akron and Louisiana Tech. It was a tough call, but in the end I decided to return Minnesota to my ballot here based on the Gophers’ body of work. Minnesota beat Nebraska and Iowa this past week, but I’m doing this more based on a resume that includes wins over Michigan State and Memphis. Minnesota had the best win out of the final 4 teams I was considering — the win over MSU. It also had a win over another team I looked at, Memphis. Plus it had the best rating in KenPom and the RPI out of the teams I looked at. So I went with Minnesota. Next: big game Wed at Michigan St. and a Sun game with Ill.