Time to send a new Top 25 ballot to The Associated Press,
I evicted Indiana State after its 0-2 week.
I also booted Notre Dame after its loss to Providence.
Here is the ballot.
1. Miami stays here after beating FSU and rallying past Clemson. Next: UVa on Tuesday and a visit to Wake on Sat.
2. Gonzaga stays here after beating St. Mary’s and San Francisco for two road wins. Good week. To me, No. 2 remains a tough call between Indiana and Gonzaga, but the Zags deserve to stay here for another week after the week they had. And don’t forget, the Zags also beat Okla. State and Kansas State earlier this season. Next: Wed. vs. Santa Clara and Sat. vs. San Diego.
3. Indiana stays here after beating Nebraska and Purdue. Next: huge game Tues. at Michigan State.
4. Michigan State moves up 2 spots after beating Michigan and Nebraska. Next: Tuesday’s huge game with Indiana, and a big Sunday visit to Ohio St.
5. Florida moves up 4 spots after beating Kentucky and Auburn. Next: Tuesday at Missouri and a Sat. rematch with the Arkansas team that has beaten the Gators.
6. Michigan drops a spot after losing badly to Mich. State and beating Penn St. Next: Sun. vs. Illinois.
7. Georgetown, one of the tri-leaders in the Big East, moves up 6 spots after beating Marquette and Cincinnati. Next: Wed. vs. DePaul and huge game Sat. at Syracuse.
8. Duke falls four spots after beating UNC and losing to Maryland. Next: Thurday visit to Va. Tech and Sunday game with BC.
9. Syracuse falls two spots after losing to UConn and beating Seton Hall. Next: Wed vs. Providence and the big game Saturday vs. Georgetown.
10. Louisville moves up a spot after beating St. John’s and S. Florida. Next: Sat. vs. Seton Hall.
11. Oklahoma State, one of the tri-leaders of the Big 12, moves up 8 spots after beating Texas Tech and Oklahoma. Next: huge game Wed. vs. Kansas, and a Sat. visit to WVU.
12. Kansas moves up 8 spots after thumping Kansas St. and Texas. Next: the big game Wed. at Oklahoma State and a Sat. game with TCU.
13, Kansas St. falls five spots after losing to Kansas and beating Baylor. Next: Mon. vs. WVU and a Sat. visit to Texas.
14. New Mexico moves up 4 spots after beating Fresno St. and Boise St. Next: big game Sat. at Colorado State.
15. Colorado State moves up 4 spots after beating San Diego State and Air Force. Next: good test Wed. at UNLV and the big game Sat. with New Mexico.
16. Marquette stays here after losing to Georgetown and beating Pitt. Next: Tues. at Seton Hall and Sat. at Villanova.
17. Wisconsin falls 3 spots after losing to Minn. in OT and thumping Ohio St. Next: Wed. at Northwestern.
18. Arizona falls eight spots after losing at Colorado and beating Utah. Next: Wed. vs. Washington and Sat. vs. Wash. St.
19. Ohio St. falls four spots after beating Northwestern and losing at Wisconsin. Next: Wed. vs. Minn. and a big game Sun. vs. Michigan St.
20. Pitt falls 3 spots after losing at Marquette. Next: Mon. vs. N. Dame and a Sat. game at St. John’s.
21. Butler falls 9 spots after losing at home to Charlotte and beating Fordham. Next: Tues. vs. Duquesne and big game Friday vs. Saint Louis.
22. VCU moves up 3 spots after beating UMass and GW. Next: big game Tuesday at St. Louis and a Sat. visit to Xavier.
23. Memphis returns to my ballot here, for the first time since early in the season, after beating Central Florida and Marshall. I wanted to wait one more week before buying into the Tigers, and now, after they followed the Southern Miss. win with the UCF win, I have. Next: Wed. vs. Houston and a Sat. rematch with Southern Miss.
24. Akron stays here after beating E. Michigan and Bowling Green. Next: Friday Bracketbusters game vs. N. Dakota St.
25. For this last spot, I looked at La Salle and Middle Tenn. I looked very hard at Wichita State, St. Louis, Illinois and La. Tech. But in the end, I decided to return Oregon to my ballot here. The Ducks are in first in the Pac-12 and have followed up their recent 3-game skid with 3 straight wins. most recently with road wins over Washington and Wash. St. Next: good Thurs. text vs. Cal and a Sat. game with Stanford.