Time to send another Top 25 ballot to The Associated Press.
I evicted Dayton after its loss at Illinois State.
I booted UCLA after its loss at Missouri.
I added two new teams to my ballot, but I did not have to add Colorado after its win over Kansas because I have already been ranking the Buffaloes.
I also needed a new No. 1 because of Michigan State’s loss.
Here is the ballot.
1. Syracuse moves up a spot after beating Indiana and Binghamton. Arizona will probably top the new poll, but I am keeping Syracuse ahead of Arizona on my ballot. To me, Syracuse’s win over Baylor carries more weight than Arizona’s win over Duke. Next: Sunday at St. John’s.
2. Arizona moves up a spot after beating Texas Tech and UNLV. Next: Wed. against New Mexico State and a nice test Sat. at Michigan.
3. Ohio State moves up a spot after beating Maryland and Central Connecticut. Next: Wed. against Bryant and Sat. against North Dakota State.
4. Villanova moves up two spots after beating Penn and St. Joe’s. Next: Sunday vs. La Salle.
5. Memphis moves up two spots after beating Northwestern State. Next: Friday vs. Arkansas-Little Rock.
6. Oklahoma State moves up two spots after beating South Carolina. Next: Saturday at La. Tech.
7. Baylor moves up three spots after beating Kentucky. Next: Dec. 18 vs. Northwestern State.
8. Wisconsin moves up four spots after beating UVa and Marquette. Next: Wed against Milwaukee and Sat. against E. Kentucky.
9. UConn moves up two spots after beating Florida and Maine. Next: Dec. 18 against Stanford.
10. Iowa State falls a spot, despite beating Auburn and Northern Iowa, because I felt Baylor, Wisconsin and UConn should move above Iowa State after each had at least one impressive win this past week.
11. North Carolina returns to my ballot here after winning at Michigan State and beating UNC Greensboro. Yes, UNC has lost to Belmont and UAB. But it also has two eye-opening wins against MSU and Louisville, so No. 11 seems right to me. Next: big game Sat. against Kentucky.
12. Michigan State falls 11 spots after losing to UNC. Next: Sat. at Oakland.
13. Colorado moves up seven spots after beating Colorado State and Kansas. The Buffaloes have not lost since falling to Baylor in their opener, and they have also beaten Harvard. Next: Friday vs. Elon.
14. Louisville stays here after beating Missouri-Kansas City and Louisiana-Lafayette. Next: Sat. vs. W. Kentucky.
15. Wichita State stays here after beating Oral Roberts. Next: Sat. against Tennessee.
16. UMass stays here after beating Eastern Michigan and BYU. Next: Sat. vs. N. Illinois.
17. Kansas falls four spots after losing at Colorado. Next: big game Tuesday at Florida and another good game Saturday against New Mexico.
18. Oregon falls a spot, despite winning in OT at Ole Miss, because I needed to move Colorado above the Ducks. Next: Sat. against Illinois.
19. Duke moves up six spots after beating Michigan. Next: Dec. 16 against Gardner-Webb.
20. Missouri cracks my ballot here after beating WVU and UCLA. Missouri has yet to lose, and that win over UCLA is the quality win I wanted to see before ranking the Tigers. Next: Sunday against W. Michigan.
21. Boise State falls two spots, despite beating Utah and Carroll College, because I wanted to make room for UNC, Colorado, Missouri and Duke above the Broncos. Next: big game Tues. at Kentucky and another good game Sat. against Saint. Mary’s. Challening week for Boise.
22. San Diego State falls a spot, despite beating San Diego and Washington, because I needed to make room for those others above it. Next: Dec. 18 vs. Southern Utah.
23. Kentucky falls 20 spots after losing to Baylor. Next: the big game Tuesday vs. Boise and the big game Sat. at UNC. Intriguing week for the Wildcats.
24. Florida falls a spot after losing at UConn. Next: the big game Tuesday vs. Kansas.
25. I have Iowa and New Mexico circling the runway, but VCU stays on my ballot here. The Rams do fall a spot since I had to move Duke back over them, but they stay ranked on my ballot after beating E. Kentucky and ODU. Next: Sat. at Northern Iowa.