Dear gentle blog folk,
Many of you have lodged complaints that there’s something screwy with the comments lately. This post is an effort to find out from you, with some specificity, what’s going on so we can diagnose the problem.
Please keep this in mind: When you post a comment, it appears on your screen as if it has posted to the blog. But that is only a screen trick on the poster’s computer. The comment won’t appear to anyone else until I formally “approve” it (and there can be lags with this). If you refresh your browser it will disappear until after I have approved it.
If you’ve noticed problems with already-approved comments disappearing, below is the information we need.
1. Give us a link to the thread it happened on, and the time it happend.
2. Describe in detail what happened. Such as, “I posted a comment,” it appeared, then it disappeared, or whatever.
3. If you can copy & paste the comment, please do that.
4. Tell us whether you refreshed your screen just before it seemed to disappear.
5. Tell us when it “reappeared.”
The fact is, the comments have been coming in in droves lately, and I’m unable to always tend the “pending comments” queue. That’s just a reality of my job. So there may be lags between when you post a comment and when it shows up.
Thank you for your help with this matter.