Note from Dan: Richard J. Beason submitted this as a comment on the “7 reasons why Herman Cain’s tax plan would never fly,” and it’s worth highlighting rather than getting buried there.
Why re-elect Obama?
1. He has lowered individual taxes and business taxes.
2. He has given you a chance at being able to have afford health insurance as promised and at great political cost- including those who have pre-existing conditions and those in school up to age 26. He has taken the doughnut hole out of Part-D. He has made provisions for all to have health insurance to eliminate the need for most medicaid coverage.
3. He has led through the greatest recession we have had since the Great Depression including saving our banking system, providing unemployment and health insurance for the unemployed, kept our school teachers, police, fire, and rescue workers employed
4. Established new regulations to prevent the Banks from sending us into another recession
5. Killed Osama
6. Killed Alwiki
7. Ended and ending Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
8. Help liberate Libya
9. Dealt with recalcitrant GOP House to keep government running
10. Increased education loans and took them away from the banks to better control
11. Successfully cleaned up the BP Gulf Oil Spill and collected the cost from BP
12. Managed the many natuaral disasters with praise form all parties
13. Kept terror from our shores
14. Dealth with the Arab Spring without taking us into another War
15. Controlled the commodities market through increasing the margin requirments thus keeping oil pricesin check as well as gold and silver prices from going into a bubble
16. Dealt with China’s currency issues to keep our Exports moving
17. Dealt with the European Debt crisis
18. Extended health care for children
19. Dealing with the Housing Crisis and holding banks in line on foreclosures
20. Established an energy policy including help for green energy industry
21. Re-set the energy department to clean up the mismanagement of oil companies and coal safety
22. Supported our Veterans through improved medical care, equipment, supplies and help for spouses and income taxation for Veterans and their spouses
23. Improved roads and public transportation and is establishing better rail transportation
24. Improved federal aviation policies
25. Improved our Nation’s infrastructure
And many more. If nothing more than Dealing with the Recession and the banks, Health Care Reform, taking care of terrorists, ending the war in Iraq and reducing the war in Afghanistan and Libya, and cleaning the Gulf would be plenty of reason to vote for him.
All have been in spite of strong opposition by the GOP and some in his own party. Obama has been most successful in spite of the GOPs efforts to stop him.