(Note from Dan: The regular known as “Shrilliary” posted this on another thread, and it’s pretty interesting stuff, especially for the conspiracy minded. It traces GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s connections through Bain Capital to the chief purveyor of conservative propaganda in this day and age.)
“Did any of the progressives on this blog know about this connection?
I just happened upon this news from early 2012, and if I were a conspiracy “enthusiast” I think I should be worried about it, no?
1. Clear Channel Communications owns more radio stations (850) than anyone else in the United States. So, needless to say, Clear Channel basically owns conservative talk radio.
2. One of the subsidiaries of Clear Channel is Premiere Radio Networks. Premier is a wholly-owned division of [the above]Clear Channel Communications. Premiere Radio Networks is the company that syndicates the radio shows of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck, among others
3. So who owns Clear Channel?
4. Bain Capital is one of the primary owners of Clear Channel. This company that Mitt Romney ran for so long, is one of the “big bosses” over virtually all conservative talk radio broadcasts in America. That deal was finalized in 2008. Today, Bain Capital is still one of the primary owners of Clear Channel. “He [Romney] is a “retired partner”, but he still has a huge financial stake in Bain Capital. We’re talking about millions upon millions of dollars.”
5. Now Romney can basically “own” the RW radio industry – having his minions act as his cheerleaders and propagandists – asking him “softball” questions, which is typical of Romney’s inadequate interviews, allowing him to do his usual gaming the system.
6. So, untangling this knot of secret deals:
- Romney owns a lot of Bain Capital;
- Bain Capital, in turns, owns Clear Channel Communications;
- Which in turn owns Premier Radio Networks [the RW propaganda machines],
- Which by extension, “owns” Rush Limbaugh;
- Which allows Romney unfettered access to Limbaugh’s low-information listeners;
- Which means that Romney, without one core belief, proceeds to buy his way towards the presidency.
How would the RWers react if you inserted the name Obama for Romney? The lunatics would run from the asylum called the Republican Party foaming at the mouth and tearing out their hair … and we would hear the constant drumbeat about unethical behavior … but for now, crickets…
Also, talk about gaming the system! Romney flew some black-conservative “audience” members to yesterday’s NAACP meeting, to ensure he would have some friendlies in the audience.
The republican game plan: lie, cheat, and steal to win any election…”