Okay, folks, we’re going to have a little fun today, with a couple of questions that relate to machine guns.
We’re talking full-auto here, not semi-automatic deer rifles and such. In other words, we’re talking about REAL assault rifles, registered with the feds.
Ready for the first question?
1. Which state in the United States has the most registered machine guns?
2. Which state in the United States has the most registered machine guns per capita?
3. Which state in the United States has the most registered “destructive devices?” (A destructive device is defined as: “Any explosive, incendiary or poison gas bomb, grenade, mine or rocket having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce . . .”).
The answers, and a little more, are after the jump.
1. VIRGINIA! — 30,200
2. VIRGINIA! –There’s one machine gun for every 268 people in the commonwealth — or, going strictly by the averages, 366 in Roanoke.
3. CALIFORNIA! — 212,800. (Virginia was #2, with 161,841)
These and many other fascinating facts are at your fingertips in Firearms Commerce in the U.S. — Annual Statistical Update (2012) from the ATF.(pdf)
Read it now, before the NRA forces Congress to pass a law forbidding the feds to collect such information!