He’s got some dreams, too!
I really enjoyed your recent “dream” columns (here and here; response here, and I wanted to share a recurring dream I have had for years. Weary of all the complaints about how BAD and CORRUPT and INEFFICIENT government is, I wish that all those complainers could be denied all basic government services for just one week.
You know, things like:
• Driving on our public highways;
• Purchasing food at Kroger that has been inspected by the FDA;
• Flying in safe airplanes along uncongested routes because of the efforts of the FAA;
• Living in homes subject to building codes; and
• My personal favorite, using the toilet in their homes.
Oh yes, I forgot about clean water and police protection. Do you think free speech would be in there, too?
Oh my, they couldn’t post on your blog for one week. Just one week of austerity!
Thanks for your columns, Dan.
(No relation to Bill Perdue)