Your daily Letter to the Columnist — June 30, 2013
I apologize for not sending this sooner. However, I just saw your article online. I am a Roanoke native but live in Loudoun County now.
Here are a few naming suggestions:
• Red Sox Runner (Boston Red Sox to Salem Red Sox)
• Big Star City Express (Big City to little city)
• North – South Crosser
• Blue Gray Joiner
• Ole’ Colonial Trail (New England, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia were the power states during Colonial times)
• Bean Lick Clacker ( Bean town (Boston) to Big Lick plus the sound of the train on the tracks )
• History of America Journey
• Civilization Express
• Licker is Quicker Rail or Rail Licker – Maybe this is what they could serve on board.
• BosNoke Flyer
• Roa – Ton 80 (80 hour journey instead of the 8 it takes by auto)
• Soon to be closed (if ever opened) Boston to Roanoke Express. (Go to Europe if you want efficient train operation between cities, in cities, etc.)
• VaMass Transiter
• RO-BO Rail
• Star Gate fantasy rail. (Step back in time or through time?)
I hope you run another article on this sometime.