Note from Dan: Ron May, a regular here, posted these as a comment on the weekend OPEN thread.
“1. Congress wants to cut the $4.35 per day benefit for the hungry, nearly half of which are children.
2. The top 1% in our country receive $666.6 billion in tax subsidies.
3. The top 1% in our country receive $16.8 billion in farming subsidies.
4. A person making $50,000 annually pays about 10 cents per day for food stamps.
5. At the same time the food industry receives about $100 billion in corporate welfare.
6. It’s wonderful for conservatives that they enjoy the same labor rights the ‘leftist commies’ fought to establish.
7. Unions built sick leave, child labor laws, weekends off and safer working conditions. It is my hope that everyone enjoyed Labor Day Weekend. And finally:
8. Did you know that there are 4 federal safety standards that apply to the manufacture of teddy bears?
9. Did you know that there are NO federal safety standards that apply to the manufacture of firearms?”