Saturday is Valentine’s Day, which means many couples will be making a beeline for their favorite restaurants. Other couples will be staying as far away from their favorite restaurants as possible in an effort to avoid the crazy crowds.
If you’re staying home to make a romantic dinner, I’d love to hear what you’ll be cooking. I think I’ll stick with that plan this year, but I’m still trying to decide what to make. It might be a good night for a big hunk of red meat right off the grill.
For those of you still looking for a night on the town with your sweetie, here are a few options I’ve heard about:
* Metro! in Roanoke: Valentine’s Day specials in addition to the regular menu
* 202 Market has a new City Bar lounge menu that is not Valentine’s Day related. They will also have a fixed price tasting option on Saturday in addition to the regular menu.
* Tony Pope Bistro & Wine Bar: A 4-course tasting dinner, with wine, for $65 per person. Pope recently overhauled the menu and is now featuring all French bistro foods at lower prices.
* Local Roots Cafe is offering two tasting menus featuring local food. The 5-course menu is $69 per person; the 10-course option is $159 per person. Wine costs extra.
* The Isaacs Restaurant will have several appetizer and entree specials, as well as a chocolate-banana cheesecake, in addition to their regular menu options.
* Hotel Roanoke and its sister hotel, the Inn at Virginia Tech, are offering tasting menus, live music and lodging packages with sweet extras like champagne and strawberries.
* Blue 5 is offering a limited menu at $50 per person, which includes a complimentary dessert and champagne toast. Entertainment by Valerie McQueen and Friends.
* Bread Craft bakery is selling a treat box consisting of homemade marshmallows dipped in chocolate, chocolate-covered strawberries, chocolate-covered apricots and chocolate nut clusters for $10.95. Order as soon as possible.
I’m not intentionally leaving any restaurants off this list; this is just what I’ve heard about so far. If anyone wants to add a Valentine’s special to the list or recommend a favorite romantic spot for others, feel free!