I’ve given away some great prizes on this blog, but this might be the most exciting opportunity ever. Shaena Muldoon, owner of The Palisades Restaurant, has generously offered us two tickets to the Celebrity Chef Tour dinner at the restaurant later this month.
This dinner will feature the handiwork of five extremely talented chefs, including past contestants on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” Esquire magazine’s 2009 “Chef of the Year” and Roanoke’s own Aaron Deal, who was a semi-finalist for a prestigious James Beard Award in 2009. To see the entire lineup and read more about the dinner, please click here.
The celebrity chefs will be cooking at The Palisades for two nights in a row, Friday and Saturday, March 30 and 31. This contest prize is for tickets to the event on Saturday, March 31. Tickets cost $140 per person, so this is a prize valued at close to $300. They will be will-call, so Shaena will have the winners’ names and you won’t have to worry about getting them through the mail. The tickets are transferable, so if you win but cannot go you can send friends or family in your place.
To enter to win, you MUST:
1. Read all of these rules, please.
2. Leave your comment on THIS blog entry.
3. In your comment, tell me who is your favorite celebrity chef and why. It certainly does not have to be one of the chefs who will be cooking at the dinner; in fact, you will not be awarded any brownie points if you name one of them because the winner will be selected at random.
4. Your comment must also include your favorite recipe from your favorite celebrity chef. You don’t have to type out the entire recipe in your comment if you can provide a link instead or email it to me at email@example.com before the deadline.
5. Leave your comment by NOON on Friday, March 23. The winner will be announced on Monday, March 26.
6. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Times-World, or their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, agents, representatives and promotional agencies, and their immediate family members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents or grandchildren) and/or any person with whom they are domiciled are not eligible, and people who meet this definition cannot enter the contest.
Good luck, everyone! And thank you so much, Shaena, for giving readers this wonderful opportunity!