The Roanoke Times is seeking a freelancer to review New River Valley restaurants for The Burgs. If you are a foodie with a talent for writing, this may be just the opportunity for you.
Qualified candidates must have knowledge of the NRV area and should be up-to-date on new restaurant openings. Reviewers are required to visit each restaurant twice per review and must write at least one review per month. It is imperative that reviewers be able to meet deadlines.
Photography skills are not required but applicants who can take high-quality food pictures will be strongly considered.
To apply, please send in:
* Your full name, address, email and telephone number.
* A written statement (300 words or fewer) about why you believe you would be a good fit for the job. Include two restaurants you’d like to review.
* A review (500 to 600 words; published or not) of a New River Valley restaurant that includes information about the ambiance, food and service.
* If applicable, a link to any blog for which you write on a regular basis.
* Photo samples, if applicable.
Submit application materials via email to email@example.com or mail to The Roanoke Times, c/o Lindsey Nair, P.O. Box 2491, Roanoke, Va. 24012. The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 2. Please contact Lindsey Nair at the email address listed above if you have any questions.