Sometimes it’s fun to be in a very energetic restaurant environment, where the crowds are lively, the music is pumping and the dishes are clinking.
Other times, all we want to do is find a private table in a quiet restaurant and pretend the rest of the world doesn’t exist. My husband and I have some of our best talks over restaurant meals, over a cold beer or a glass of wine and some tasty food. It’s kind of soul-cleansing.
One of my blog readers, Carole, recently brought up this topic with a question to other readers:
“We’re looking for a restaurant where we can have a meal with a bit of privacy and peace without loud crowds and loud music. Other than at home (some homes) or on a picnic, does anyone know of such a restaurant in Roanoke?”
Carole said it need not be a fancy restaurant; in fact, she’s more interested in places where two can eat for about 50 bucks (not including alcohol or appetizers).
I’d love to hear from anyone who thinks they’ve found the perfect private spot. Here are the first few restaurants that came to my mind:
* Carlos Brazilian International in Roanoke County. Bonus: Great views!
* Taaza or Nawab Indian restaurants
* Regency Room at Hotel Roanoke (although that might get loud if it’s crowded)
* Billy’s in downtown Roanoke (the courtyard is especially nice)
* Sal’s Italian Restaurant in Bonsack