Keep the frog’s breath, eye of squid and witch’s wart in the cupboard. Let’s brainstorm some enjoyable edibles for your Halloween get-together.
Last year, Lindsey brewed up a cauldron full of treats ranging from the wickedly easy to the excrutiatingly expert. Perhaps you remember:
- Witch brooms, made with pretzel sticks and peanut butter cups
- Witch hats, made with chocolate-covered cookies and Hershey’s Kisses
- Frankenstein heads, made with green rice cereal treats and other sweets
- Ghosts and bones, made by covering sweets in white chocolate
- Pumpkin spice cake
Find all of those recipes here.
Two more recipes can be found here:
- Monster toes, made by adding gummy candy “toenails” to green toe-shaped cookies
- Spider web pumpkin cheesecake, topped with a chocolate spider web drizzle
Now I have a few new recommendations for you, the first of which I can vouch for:
- My co-blogger Sarah at So Hungry I Could Blog came up with a recipe for brain cupcakes, or chocolate cupcakes injected with plum sauce. The genius of the recipe is in the tart, blood-red plum sauce and the squiggly icing pattern piped on top of the cakes.
The rest are ideas I’ve added to my Pinterest to-make list:
- Bowl of worms, made by pouring gelatin mix into drinking straws to create long, fruity, delicious “worms”
- Spider chocolate chip cookies, made by dragging a toothpick away from melted chocolate chips to create “spider legs”
- Eyeball butter cookies, made by pouring dulce de leche on top of a round cookie and topping with a black M&M
- Eyes in the dark toffee bars, made with pretzels, toffee, chocolate and sugary googly eyes
What are you scheming for Halloween? Have any creepy treats to share?