Gov. Bob McDonnell is out today with his proposal to privatize liquor sales in the state and use the money to fund transportation.
State capital reporter Michael Sluss has the first wave of reporting.
You can also read the full text of the governor’s release on The Blue Ridge Business Journal.
So, whaddya think?
Some things to consider:
* Should the state privatize liquor sales on general principle, no matter what the financial projections are — or should it be done only if the money is right? Or not at all?
* Considering that previous liquor questions in Virginia have been decided by referendum, should this also be put to a statewide vote?
* If this isn’t a good idea, what’s a better way to fund transportation?
MORE ON PRIVATIZING LIQUOR SALES:
* Southwest Virginia pol pushed the state’s first referendum on liquor
* Should Virginia hold a referendum on whether to privatize liquor sales?