Rep. Tom Perriello, D-Albemarle, got endorsed today by the political action committee of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
He sends this release trumpeting the news:
Surrounded by 5th district veterans, Rep. Tom Perriello humbly accepted the endorsement of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Political Action Committee today in Danville. The endorsement of Rep. Perriello is based on his “strong support for veterans, national security and defense, and military personnel issues,” said Salvatore Capirchio, Director, VFW-PAC, in a letter.
“One of my greatest honors has been serving on the House Veterans Affairs Committee and helping to fulfill the promise we have made to those who have fought for our freedoms. There is no duty I take more seriously than making sure we care for our veterans when they return home and I pledge to keep fighting for Virginia’s veterans in Congress,” said Rep. Perriello.
Congressman Tom Perriello has been a champion of veterans in the U.S. House of Representatives. Serving on the House Veterans Affairs Committee, Rep. Perriello has introduced and championed legislation to increase job training benefits, health care benefits, and educational opportunities for veterans and their families. Among his accomplishments are a new law that increases health care benefits for primary caregivers of severly disabled veterans, and the authorization of a study that will determine whether the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford, VA can become part of the National Park Service.
The VFW PAC provides the 2.1 million members of the VFW, its auxiliaries and their families with an opportunity to collectively support candidates for federal office who support our nation’s veterans and America’s security. It is the nation’s only major Veterans Service Organization (VSO) PAC.
MORE ON THE 5TH DISTRICT RACE:
* Oct. 6: New poll shows Hurt, Perriello in virtual tie
* Oct. 1: Perriello’s campaign attacks pollster
* Sept. 30: Perriello votes against congressional adjournment
* Sept. 30: Sabato’s Crystal Ball moves 5th District race to “leans Republican”
* Sept. 29: Perriello statement on bill on Chinese tariffs
* Sept. 28: Perriello’s push for funding for Martinsville center clears first hurdle
* Sept. 23: NRA calls Hurt “a true friend,” but apparently no endorsement
* Sept. 23: Perriello says he expects to receive NRA endorsement
* Sept. 23: What Perriello has to say on the small business bill Congress just passed
* Sept. 22: What Perriello has to say on the health care law
* Sept. 20: Overview of the current state of the 5th District race
* Sept. 17: Perriello talks up rural energy efficiency bill he co-sponsored
* Sept. 13: Perriello and Hurt face off in new TV ads
* Sept. 13: More about those polls in the 5th
* Sept. 8: More furor in the Fifth
* Sept. 7: New poll is out in the 5th District, but here’s why you shouldn’t necessarily believe it
* Sept. 2: Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball rates 5th District as toss-up
* Sept. 1: Tea Party bans media from meeting with Perriello
* Sept. 1: Politico story on Perriello’s courtship of the Tea Party
* Aug. 31: Why is Perriello meeting with the Tea Party?
* Aug. 31: Perriello vs. Geithner: Good idea or bad idea?
* Aug. 26: Robert Hurt’s TV ad