If you use the pharmacy at CVS, you could be on your way to earning even more Extra Bucks.
The new Pharmacy & Health Rewards program is offering CVS customers $5 in Extra Bucks for every 10 pharmacy credits a customer earns. Combine this with any rewards you receive with your Green Bag Tag and you can really rack up the rewards by visiting the pharmacy.
This new program reminds me of the new Walgreens Balance Rewards program, which is also based on points.
Here’s the break down:
* New prescription = 1 credit
* Refilled prescription = 1 credit
* Fill or refill a 90-day prescription = 3 credits
* Get a flu shot or vaccine from a pharmacist = 1 credit
* Add prescription management and take care of prescriptions on CVS.com = 3 credits
* Sign up for prescription text alerts = 1 credit
* Sign up for refill reminder emails = 1 credit
So, the easiest way to get your points/Extra Bucks is to fill 10 prescriptions, and by signing up for any programs you’re intrested in on cvs.com. You do have to enroll in this program to get your points – click here to do so.
I don’t love that this system is based on points, it makes me worry that other changes are on the way, but it seems simple enough.
Will you be taking advantage of this new offer?