Happy August. Wow, where did the summer go? Here at So Salem, we’re already hard at work on our upcoming back-to-school issues (August 8 and 15) and our football issues (August 22 and 29). And that brings us to a programming note: If you’re an advertiser and wanted to be included — especially in our football issues — well, our advertising folks at email@example.com will be happy to talk with you. Or, if you’d like to place a classified ad, you can click firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reach more than 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County. (How do we do that? See below!)
And now back to news, and we have lots of it this week. In your Friday issue, you’ll see lots of places where we say “see The Notebook” for more. Well, here’s where to find that “more”:
* Salem opens door to big-box development
* Who will Salem’s quarterback be this season?
* Bear sightings – we have two new ones, one near Upland and Franklin, and one in the Laurel Woods subdivision near Hanging Rock
* Photos from Jazz in July
* Photos from the Olympic team game. Above, you’ll see some of the folks who were: Retired Salem High School softball coach, Jim “Shorty” Wright, who ran into a former player. Meaghan Berry.
* Photos of Salem swimmers at the RVAA championships
* Photos from Salem After Five
So how can you get your news and photos in So Salem? Keep reading below!