Aiden Rossi of Salem recently took in his first Major League Baseball game, when he and his dad went on the Salem Red Sox Booster Club trip to Baltimore.
Barbara Krzysko went along, too, and in this week’s print edition of So Salem, you’ll see some of her photos. We promised more on line and, well, here’s one of those extras — with the rest in Barbara’s gallery right here.
Those aren’t the only online extras we have this week. Here’s a quick guide to the rest:
* Salem Police Chief announces promotions
* Public invited to comment on Roanoke County police August 17
* Salem man wins honors at Old Fiddler’s Convention
* Fellowship Community Church helps airman’s family
* Glenvar girl helps raise support for Salem Animal Shelter
* More photos of deer in Langhorne Place
* Video of Brent Lawrence’s band
* More photos from Kevin Jones Performing Arts Studio camp.
AND IN SPORTS . . .
* More photos from the Salem Distance Run
* More photos from Glenvar Youth Boosters soccer clinic
* More photos of Salem’s American Legion baseball team
* More photos of Sarah and Brandon Beamer playing softball and baseball
* More photos of the Maroon Crush softball team
* More on Kristin Hearp in state golf tournament
So how can you get your news and photos in So Salem? Easy! You can share at email@example.com.
For more information on us — and how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County -- see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Salem and western Roanoke County — Miranda Adkins. She keeps regular hours at our Salem “bureau” — at Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea on Main Street. Here’s her schedule.
* Want to keep up with us in other ways? You can join our “fan group” on Facebook or become one of our “followers” on Twitter. Just search for “sosalem” and you’ll find us.
* So how do we reach 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion, the Salem Y, and the Salem Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea, in case we somehow missed you.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to get your message to more than 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County? You can find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to place a classified ad to reach your Salem neighbors? We’re at email@example.com