This week, we launch our back-to-school issue in So Salem — including our trademark pull-out schools calendar that comes fridge-ready. Just add magnets.
And, as usual, we have lots of online extras. Here’s a handy guide to the ones this week:
* More photos from the Star-B-Q bash (such as the one above.)
* Paparazzi photos of Salem people at Festival of India
* Podcast with Nikki Glaspie
* Photos from summer drama camp with Miss Mona’s
* More photos of the hornet’s nest on Thompson Memorial
* Search our database for AYP results
* More photos of Fellowship Community Church helping the Graves family
* More photos from Steppin’ Out
* More photos from Barbara Krzysko’s garden
* More paparazzi photos of people from Salem
AND IN SPORTS . . .
* Kris Negron discusses his trade from Salem Red Sox
* More photos from Glenvar Youth Boosters soccer clinics
* More photos of the Virginia Attack
* More photos of the Glenvar Rattlers
* More photos from the Salem Distance Run
* More photos from the Salem Red Sox booster club trip
So how can you get your news and photos in So Salem? Easy! You can share at email@example.com.
For more information on us — and how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County -- see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Salem and western Roanoke County — Miranda Adkins. She keeps regular hours at our Salem “bureau” — at Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea on Main Street. Here’s her schedule.
* Want to keep up with us in other ways? You can join our “fan group” on Facebook or become one of our “followers” on Twitter. Just search for “sosalem” and you’ll find us.
* So how do we reach 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion, the Salem Y, and the Salem Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea, in case we somehow missed you.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to get your message to more than 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County? You can find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to place a classified ad to reach your Salem neighbors? We’re at email@example.com