Ah, yes! It’s here! Football season!
In this week’s print edition, you’ll find the first of our two fall sports editions. This week, Glenvar sports. Next week, Salem. You’ll also find photos from the Salem Youth Football Jamboree and, as you might suspect by now, we have lots more online.
You can find them in this gallery.
Those aren’t the only online extras of the week, either. Here’s a handy guide on how to find the rest:
* Elderberry’s expanding to Salem
* Bears rooting through trash cans at foot of Poor Mountain
* More photos of Creigh Deeds in Salem
* More photos of Salem After Five
* More photos from Miss Mona’s Drama Camp
* More photos from the Festival of India
* More photos from Divine Dance Center
* Podcast with Nikki Glaspie
* More photos from the Star-B-Q Bash
So how can you get your news and photos in So Salem? Easy! You can share at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on us — and how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County -- see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Salem and western Roanoke County — Miranda Adkins. She keeps regular hours at our Salem “bureau” — at Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea on Main Street. Here’s her schedule.
* Want to keep up with us in other ways? You can join our “fan group” on Facebook or become one of our “followers” on Twitter. Just search for “sosalem” and you’ll find us.
* So how do we reach 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion, the Salem Y, and the Salem Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea, in case we somehow missed you.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to get your message to more than 90 percent of the households in Salem and western Roanoke County? You can find out more at email@example.com. Want to place a classified ad to reach your Salem neighbors? We’re at firstname.lastname@example.org