Roanoke County Fire & Rescue units responded to a house fire in the 3400 block of Windfall Drive at about 10:45 this morning.
The first firefighters on scene found a one-story, single family house with light smoke coming from the attic area. Fire crews from the Masons Cove, Catawba, Fort Lewis and Hollins stations had the fire under control in about 15 minutes.
The fire has been ruled accidental in nature and was caused by electrical wiring in the attic space. The damage has been estimated at about $3500.
The female homeowner was in the house at the time the fire started and was able to evacuate without injury. She told officials that she was getting ready to leave her home to go shopping when she smelled something burning and called 9-1-1. She is now displaced until the electricity can be turned back on. She is staying with family.
Submitted by Roanoke County Fire & EMS