Salem Til 9 has returned to downtown Salem. Initiated last year by Salem merchants Gwenda Kellett and Katrina Baker (who own Plantagenet Rose and Tinkerings, respectively), local businesses along Main St. and the surrounding blocks will keep their doors open for extended hours–until 9 p.m. each Friday night from now until Christmas.
“Friday night fun shopping has come to Salem for a second year!” Baker exclaimed in an email announcing the event.
This year, the event features several participating local businesses, according to Kellett, including:
- Tinkerings (4 E. Main St.)
- Rena’s on Main (18 E. Main St.)
- Countryside Classics (limited evenings) (120 E. Main St.)
- Plantagenet Rose (16 S. College Ave.)
- Grandma’s Attic (6 W. Main St.)
- One Step Above Boutique (208 E. Main St.)
- Gypsy Palooza (17 Broad St.)
- Hidden Treasures Consignment Boutique (109 E. Main St.)
- Cornerstone Country Collectables (114 E. Main St.)
- Kidstuff (17 W. Main St.)
- She’s International (112 E. Main St.)
- Recon Tattoo (125 E. Main St.)
According to Kellet, some merchants have already added other extended hours. For instance, Countryside Classics is now open on Sunday afternoons. Kellett anticipates that more businesses will join the list soon.